Here’s how you can
reduce the risks 10:
- Choose non-smoke alternatives. Though not risk-free, they do protect your lungs.
- Avoid inhaling deeply or holding your breath. That means lower toxin exposure.
- If you do still choose to smoke cannabis, cut back to occasional use. Risks increase with frequency.
- For your overall health, choose products with lower THC content, or a higher ratio of CBD to THC.
- Avoid synthetic cannabis products. Synthetic cannabis ranges from four to 660 times more potent than THC, depending on the specific compound. 11
SPREAD THE WORD
Share these tips with someone who needs
For more information about the respiratory effects
of cannabis, or a little guidance with any other
lung health topic, the Lung Health Foundation is here
for you. Our Lung Health Line is free, confidential,
The Lung Health Line operates Monday to Friday,
from 8:30 to 4:30 EST.
SHARE THE TOKER’S SAGA
Share the misadventures, and help your friends breathe a little easier.